December 22, 2014

Some Endings

Hey Team,

So I'm taking a sick day. First one all year. That's something to be grateful for.

I may have caught something on a flight to and or from Jentry and Scott's graduation in Nebraska. Jentry earned a Master's and Scott got his PHD.

On the flight out there, no joke, there was a man with an EBOLA cough. As in, hacking-all-out-nothing-left-to-die-from-but-jumping-out-of-the-plane kind of cough. Get into an E.R. man.

Or it may have been the visits I had with my best friend who has had a wonderful case of viral flu etc.

But this has given me the sad/wonderful opportunity to finish some shows dear to my heart. First and foremost being The Legend of Korra. I've blogged about the show before, but for me, ending shows is really tough. I always wonder what show could possibly fill the hole in my heart, once I have to leave these characters behind. They truly become family members to me, and I just weep.

Second, The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. I was lucky enough to travel down to L.A. in October to see him live at CBS Studios before the show ended, and it was amazing. I've also read his bio America On Purpose, and as a fan, I feel like I know him. He has made me laugh over the years, and for that I am grateful.

Thirdly, The Colbert Report. Though I didn't watch this probably as often as I should have, it was a truly great show, and Stephen is one of a kind. I'm excited to see how he does in the Late Night World.

Parenthood is also looming with only a few episodes left as well. So much emotion over in my corner here. But boo-hoo, something wonderful will probably come along in my hulu queue.

If you have any suggestions of what to begin, please let a sobbing sister know.

Here's to some greats,

Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment