December 30, 2011

Marriage/Divorce/Hollywood

So, it was just reported on imdb's twitter feed that Russell Brand is filing for divorce from Katy Perry. Now,  I understand that a ton of people get divorced these days, but I'm actually pretty sad about this one. They both seem crazy enough to love each other, but it didn't work out in the end. But, according to my old man, there is no better material for a CD than a broken heart. I may be nothing like Katy Perry, but she totally gets me.

Here are some couples who have made it work, and I love them for it. They show us that Hollywood can actually marry itself, and it can last. Longer than 72 days. Or 48 hours. Take some notes Kim K.





Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell- 
I've loved these two since Overboard. They are both very funny in the film, and I always think of them as "Annie and Dean", yelling "Katarina!" and "Orturro!" from two separate boats, and swimming towards each other. It's also so nice to see a couple go through the long haul together.

Joanna: Captain Karl?
Capt. Karl: Yes madam?
Joanna: We've never really had time to talk.
Capt. Karl: No, we haven't.
Joanna: Well, there's no time now.