July 25, 2011

Larry Crowne

Hello again. I'm sorry it has been so long between posts, but life moves quickly as we all know. The latest movie I had the pleasure of seeing was Tom Hank's Larry Crowne, which I had been looking forward to since I'd seen the previews months before. (If you've ever attended a movie with me, you know that seeing the trailers at the beginning is my favorite part, and deciding with your friends which ones you are going to see.) The movie is about a department store employee who is laid off because he did not attend college. Larry decides to go to college for the first time in his life, and adventure ensues.


Stoneman Says.....


 Go See it! (It's at the dollar flick by now)

I knew I was going to like this movie from the moment I saw the trailer. I mean, come on, Julia Roberts AND Tom Hanks in one movie? In addition, Hanks directed?!? Tom Hanks has always been a favorite of mine. From Forrest Gump to That Thing You Do!, (which I have probably seen about 45 times), he just has a way of making you love him, no matter the character. In my opinion, if you don't like him, there's something wrong with YOU, not the other way around. He has such comedic timing, and just a smile you can't help but love. Now granted he is old enough to be my father, but I was still just rooting and pulling for him, and totally in awe of how great he looks at his age. Nia Vardalos, who is known for her comedy My Big Fat Greek Wedding, co-wrote the flick, and the humor was fantastic. I just ate up every minute. Go see it. You will not regret it. Let's have another Tom.

No comments:

Post a Comment