June 13, 2014

Feminist Friday: John Edition

Hey Team,

Since this Sunday is Father's Day, I'm gonna beat everyone to the chase of talking about how great their dads are. Now what you all should know from the get-go, I have been a Daddy's girl probably from day one, and I am EXACTLY like him. Same build, same humor, same hopeless giggle fits, same huge belly laugh, same stubborn disposition, but also the same creative tendencies, and urge to learn no matter the subject. He just has a way of making me try again even when I am beyond ready to give up, and he cheers me on when I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere. He lets me live in his house, eat his food, and puts up with me on the daily. He calls me on my crap, and he shares his wisdom with me constantly. He was the first person to introduce me to books such as Lincoln from Gore Vidal, and we both cried reading the last chapter as our amazing president passed away. He just plain makes me think, and pushes me out of my comfort zone. He is my Dad, and I love him lots. 

Here's some of my favorite pics from my brother Jordan's wedding last fall. 



And of course, no post would be complete without some Jimmy. 



Here's to Dad's, 

Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment