December 10, 2013

A Hand to Hold

Hey Team,

So as we all shiver against the cold snap of December, I think back to a trip I took last year to Lake Powell. It was a weekend during fall break, and it was a glorious 65-70 degrees in the southern part of the state.

On our first day out of the boat, a storm hit. If you've ever been to Powell, you know full well that when a storm hits, you duck for cover. It can get nasty really fast, the winds can pick up and nearly take you out of the water. So a nasty storm rolled in as we were out on the boat, and the rain started pouring real hard. We were laughing and trying to stay somewhat cheery as we were heading back to the dock. We were passing around a heater tube that was blowing hot air to try and get a tad warmer than the rain and wind would allow.

When we finally reached the dock, it got real. The boat was rocking so much, I didn't know if we were going to be able to get the boat out of the water, let alone onto the trailer. These nice men were on the dock trying to help us get the boat in safely. I don't know why, but I reached out for a mans hand, and it was warm and comforting. We were safe by then, but I suppose I just needed the reassurance that everything was going to be okay. We all need that now and again. I hope you know which hands you can reach out for to receive that reassurance.

Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment