November 18, 2013

Legend of Korra

Hey Team,
Found on the Pinterest

Most of my posts lately have been plugging for T.V. Shows. Well here's another. Sorry, I just have really good taste. :)

So, if you've ever been to your average high school, you know that there are a certain brand of band geeks that enjoy Anime. I myself was a choir nerd, and orchestra as well. This brand of cartoon can be broadly defined as Japanese computer generated or hand drawn, and anime is actually short for Animation. This brand can also be defined by bright colors, distinct body shapes or typically humongous eyes, and fantastic happenings.

I've never been super into them, that was until a friend introduced me to Hayao Miyazaki. He directed films like Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, and many other award winning films. They are great films and one does need a hint of the fantastic now and again. 

So here's where my favorite show comes in. As I refer to it, it's a step down from Anime. Two animators, Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko came up with a truly amazing show, that granted airs on Nickelodeon and is meant for children. But boy howdy do I love it. The first of the growing series was Avatar: The Last Airbender. Those in the fandom know it was made into a movie and was truly horrible, and we will never forgive M. Night Shamalama-ding-dong for as long as we live. (Though I love his older stuff, don't get me wrong.)

But if you are looking for a show to watch over Christmas Break, I'd highly recommend this one. All four "Books" or seasons used to be on Netflix, but it looks like it's only on Amazon Prime. Bummer do. But they are full of amazing characters that I literally weep over.

The Legend of Korra is a spin off of Avatar, and the second season just ended. I was watching it and weeping for most of it. Now you are thinking to yourself, Jana, you are literally weeping over a children's show, but I'm convinced it has taught me more about bravery, friendship, family and spirituality than any other show ever has. So check it out. You won't regret it.

Here's to the feels,

Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment