October 7, 2013

New Finds

Hey Team,

Happy Monday. So in my attempt to "work on myself", I've started going back to the gym. Now this isn't the easiest thing when you've been out of practice. So I made a friend there, we'll call her Barbara, and it really motivates me to get up every morning and go. She is super funny and we laugh and chat every morning before getting our sweat on. If you aren't a morning person, or just hate going in general, I read in an article (probably on pinterest) that if you even just imagine or see yourself going the night before, it helps you to get out of bed and go. I've gone 5 days in a row so far, and having the energy alone to get through my workday means the world to me. I'm feeling stronger/sore-rer/happier, so that works for me. Best of luck to whatever you are working towards this week.

Here are some happy tunes that I should own and work out to, but I just head to YouTube when I'm in the mood. They help mix up the Pandora stuff I normally listen to at work. I've been on a big electronic pop kick lately, just an FYI.


Shell Suite by Chad Valley. If you've seen the flick Warm Bodies as many times as I have, this is the song playing as Julie and R drive the sweet car around the airport. Don't know why the girl in this video has blood on her dress, just an "artistic choice" I suppose.






Pompeii by Bastille. Found this gem on my favorite alternative station in Utah, X96, and I love turning it up in my car. Do you have black eyes now too?


Closer than This by St. Lucia. I saw this band open for the fantastic Ellie Goulding and I've been hooked ever since.




And last but not least, the amazing Ellie Goulding's Burn.

Have a great week!


Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment