July 30, 2014

Making Friends in All the Right Places

Hey Team,


I wanted to give a shout-out to some recent friends, either those I've made in the past three to four years, or those I've kept, or will keep with me for the rest of my life. As I'm drawing ever closer to 25/30/the rest of my life, I feel as if my circles are getting smaller and smaller. The problem is, I actually love it. I don't have to keep up with the people I honestly don't care about. It's not that I'm being selfish, it's just that they just aren't MY PEOPLE anymore. That's perfectly alright too. We all move in and out of relationships constantly, and various social circles, it is honestly the pulse of life. But one loyal, hilarious, crazy, wonderful friend is worth so much more to me than those posers who you thought you were besties with back in the day. I don't have any ill will towards them, I've just discovered that I just enjoy people who let me be myself completely, without judgement or criticism. Sure, they constantly ask if I'm high, but I guess it's part of their charm.
(High on LIFE) That is the exact thing I have loved about adulthood most. You really see who is going to stick it out with you through the ups and downs, and still be seen driving with you in your 96 Carolla.
Who can laugh with you and at you, and I just love being with them. I hope I always have been, and always will be that friend in return.

Here's to midnight McDonald's runs,

Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment