January 5, 2014

24

Hey Team, 

Yesterday I turned the big 2-4. It's kind of strange thinking about turning 25 next year, and how many don't even count birthdays at all after 29. But I vote I'll start worrying about not counting birthdays when I am over 75. 

This birthday was the best I've had to date. I'm not saying this because I want you to think that, I really truly had the best day. I got calls from loved ones singing me various versions of happy birthday, even a stellar version of HBD in the form of "The Hallelujah Chorus" from my Auntie Mary. I'm still laughing and singing about it. 

I went to breakfast with an old friend who was in town for the holidays, and we ate fantastic breakfast sandwiches at the Avenues Bistro on 3rd. 
(Highly recommend folks)

I was treated to a magical Mani Pedi by my friend Katie, and I felt like the prettiest girl in the whole wide world. The massage chair was so awesome, I had to go home just for a power nap since I was so relaxed.  
(Peach/Red Shellac on Hands, Sea Blue on Toes)

Then my sweet friend Jason treated me to Sawadee on South Temple for dinner, and it was delicious. His birthday was on the 30th, and I surprised him with some "little hotties" which can warm your toes, body, and hands, since he's going to the Broncos game in Denver on Sunday. I completed the package with a navy blue beanie, and long black socks. 

After dinner, we headed to the Gateway to see Saving Mr. Banks, with a few more friends. I felt like an idiot frantically texting everyone that the time was 20 minutes earlier than planned, since the theater changed the time unexpectedly. That was rough, and I felt so bad/stupid. But life went on. Saving Mr. Banks was fantastic, and I really loved the magic Disney always seems to bring. 

After Disney, we went to Leatherby's to finish the night. When ordering my friends mentioned to the waitress that it was my birthday, and they brought over like 5 baskets of fries. We laughed and questioned who ordered them, but discovered no one did, and found that to be even more hilarious. When my order came there was a candle, and singing from the staff. I awkwardly watched and laughed as they sang, and wished for something I can't mention or it won't come true. I laughed and talked the night away, and it was just perfect. Not that things need to be perfect, but it just was. 

Then, Jason put his life in my hands, and let me drive his beamer home. That's right kids, Jana drove the beamer and didn't crash, didn't get pulled over, nothin. It was so generous and trusting of him, and it was AMAZING. There are plenty of horses under his hood that Ben-Hur does not possess. 

We finished the night with shots of Martinelli's, and a final toast to my amazing birthday. (We have shot glasses at my house because it's tradition to bring them home when we've traveled somewhere.)

So I spent the entire day with people I absolutely love and adore, and I still feel like I am the luckiest person in the entire world. 

Here's to a wonderful beginning to 2014. 

Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment